Saturday, April 4, 2009

What I'm reading now

What I'm Reading Now




T
he Semi-Attached Couple and the Semi-Detached House by 19th century novelist Emily Eden.

I'm a more than half way through and it's not really grabbing me. It seems to be modeled after Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice but I'm not really that into it yet. There are some specific mentions of P&P and Miss Austen. I'm not sure if they were originally part of the original story in 1830 or were added prior to publication in 1860.

I'm currently listening to:

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
The last in the Ink World trilogy. It's s
o good but so intense. The writing is just as beautiful as the other two and the story just as engaging. I can't wait to finish it but I'm trying to listen slowly. They returned to a British narator on this one which I prefer since the characters are European. Brendan Fraser narated Inkspell and I didn't care for his North American pronunciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments and or suggestions for QNPoohBear, the modern bluestocking.