Tuesday, November 8, 2016

A Trip to JASNA AGM 2016 : Pre-Conference

JASNA AGM 2016


I finally made it to an annual general meeting of the Jane Austen Society of North America. This year's meeting was in Washington, DC, my favorite city in the world! I had a free place to stay so I could only just barely afford to go. I went away even though it meant taking a week off work without pay. I had a fabulous time among the Janeites (all 850 of them)!

I arrived on Tuesday. On Wednesday I visited the Folger Shakespeare Library with my traveling companion, mini Jane Austen (my own version of Jane Austen kitsch).

Mini Jane Austen accompanied me to the Jane Austen Society of North America's Annual General Meeting in Washington, DC. She visited the Folger Shakespeare Library where she discovered that in our time, it's the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death and approaching the 200th anniversary of the human Jane Austen's death. 


The Folger has put together an incredible exhibit chronicling 400 years of Will and 200 years of Jane's enduring legacies. 


Read about Will & Jane
Shakespeare, Austen, and the Cult of Celebrity


Mini Jane's tour of the exhibit https://goo.gl/photos/kiWrXSCvE6ZPzM1Q6









No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave comments and or suggestions for QNPoohBear, the modern bluestocking.